...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Make Your Hydrangeas Blush

          Have you ever been mesmerized by the vibrant blues, pinks, and lavender petals of hydrangeas at your local garden center? Then within a few weeks or months of planting your lovely new purchase in your own garden, the blooms begin to fade to a dull green.

          Tip: Make your soil more acid by placing your used coffee grounds around the base of the plant, then watering. You will be back in the pink--or blue or lavender--in no time.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip. I love my hydrangeas and will try this next summer. Love your cannas too. I have them coming up too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Annie. I have two plants and put about a week's worth of coffee grounds in the flower bed with them in the spring.

      Delete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.