...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Colors of the Garden

          This morning my little students and I were reading about why trees lose their leaves in autumn. Their first question after reading the story was why the trees in Central California still have most of their leaves even though we are approaching December. I explained to them that we are still having warm and sunny weather. My garden is still producing beans and peppers. There are turnips, kale, cilantro, carrots, brussel sprouts, broccoli and celery on the way. We haven't seen a hint of frost.   

          This is a painted iron blue jay that sits above a bell in my front yard. Occasionally, real feathered scrub jays dance around this guy, trying to get his attention. 


 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 

6 comments:

  1. The leaves are starting to fall now. finally. You are a great photographer too by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. Don't you just love the conversations with little people

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can nearly taste those beautiful peppers! Our growing season is finished so I am looking forward to spring already. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. everything you grow is amazing... you have the magic touch,,, beautiful colors. Who eats all the veggies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all of the sweet comments. I am finally getting used to the camera I got almost a year ago.

    And in regards to who eats all of the veggies...well, moi, my godmother, my yogi friends, neighbors, and any unsuspecting guest who comes to my house for a meal.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.