...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Whimsical Sky


          I have finally gotten around to working on the background for my whimsical wall hanging. The first layer of the clouds has been hand-appliqued with several more layers to go.


          I am going to try and not get too detailed and busy since the other elements in the composition will be zany and bold. These are the borders tacked quite haphazardly to my design wall. Sorry for the mess.


          My challenge will be to end up with a blue fabric behind the little feline star of my quilt that will define her black and white coat rather than have it disappear into a white cloud.


          By the way, this is Panda, and she has been waiting patiently for me to get to "her" quilt. Like most tuxedo cats, she has quite a vivacious little personality and keeps the household entertained.

4 comments:

  1. Your cat's markings are fun... I had a black and white cat once.. never did know that was the name for them... fits. If I remember we named him Semore.. he really was a wild cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Panda has some interesting markings. Kind of a little lightening bolt action up one side of her forehead or maybe an eccentric lady who hasn't got her make-up on just right but thinks she looks great, anyway. She is very loving, well-behaved, and gives great hugs around the neck. She doesn't jump on top of the refrigerator as shown here and was not happy about the situation. I put her up there to get the photo at a certain height and angle that I needed.

      Delete
  2. I love the colors of the border for your new wall hanging and can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen the Simon's Cat videos? If not, google that term and then hit the you tube button...some are funnier than others...but all portray cats so true to their personality. On my Pics & Pieces blog, I have pictures here and there of my cats...but the one named Bubbie is the real character. If I didn't know better, I would have sworn that Simon's Cat videos were about him.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.