...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Nancy Rink's Quilts Returned

I can't think of a better way to end this month than to report that the majority of Nancy's stolen quilts were returned by a mysterious man. Rather than paraphrase her words, I cut and pasted her joyful post from Facebook:
 
 
STOLEN QUILT UPDATE
Amazing news to report. A man in a van pulls up in front of my studio. He comes in and I ask "May I help you." "I have something that belong...s to you," he replies. The client I've been chatting with exchanges quizzical looks with me. "It's out in my van," the man says. The client and I walk out to the man's van. He pulls open the door and tugs on something. My Amish With a Twist quilt appears. "This is yours isn't it?" the man asks. "Yes," I reply, my heart suddenly pounding like crazy. He hands me the quilt, then proceeds to pull four trash bags from his van that are stuffed full of my quilts. My friend Rickie and my husband who also just happened to have popped into the studio a few minutes earlier heard all the excitement, (I am sure I was squealing with delight at this miraculous turn of events) and grabbed up the trash bags and started going through them. There were most of my stolen quilts, neatly folded with all of my signs still pinned to them. The man said he was returning them for a friend who saw me on the news. A brief conversation ensued and then he left. So I am still pinching myself. Although a few quilts are still missing, the majority of them were there and are now safe and sound back home. Of course I reported all of this to the police detective handling my case. Currently, I am not sure where my case stands with the BPD as I have not heard back from them. Will keep you updated on any further events. So so HAPPY!!


I am still shaking my head and wondering all sorts of things. What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Whoa. What a turn of events. It's wonderful that she got some of the quilts back, but that surely is mysterious. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. A parent who made the right decision by returning stolen items?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am stunned and happy for her...how I would love to know the rest of the story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I find out more and Nancy is okay with my sharing it, I will.

      Delete
  4. That is wonderful. Hopefully they got the license plate of the van?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.