...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Mustard is Up!

          The Pacific Gold Mustard seeds that I planted on Monday morning popped up in two days. Here is a picture of the little seedlings as of this afternoon.


          You can tell from the tiny four-leaf clover shape of the seedlings that the mustard plants are a member of the cruciferous family. That includes radishes, turnips, broccoli, collard greens, and many others.










4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Boy howdy! A few bean sprouts are up today, too.

      Delete
  2. those are darling. I don't dare plant anything in this heat.. I am starting to lose some plants that have been around for years.. Watering constantly it seems.. Lost a 4 year old cottonwood tree, and a bush I loved.. Will leave them in for a bit.. maybe something will come back from the roots... Still getting a few veggies however... and watering down our llamas in the morning.
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that there are wild mustard plants, and I am thinking that these are closely related since they are sold as a cover crop rather than an edible green. And we all know how quickly some wild plants, or weeds, grow ;-).

      Delete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.