...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Only 2 1/2 More Feathers To Go!

 

Fortunately, my fair entry is cooperating, and I am moving right along. This is my first project quilting feathers, and I am rather amazed that I am finishing at all. There are 25 blocks, with each block requiring two feathers. Then there is the continuous feathery swag that goes completely around the outside.

IMG_3822[1]

With nine days left to turn in my entry and only 2 1/2 feathers yet to be completed, I think I am going to make it.

IMG_3820[1]

I still have some thread ends to unravel and bury in the batting, but I have been trying to keep on top of that as I quilted along. Nothing worse than a rat’s nest at the very end!

IMG_3824[1]

Although my learning curve was pretty steep at the beginning, I have come to enjoy feathering. Of course, it’s just like any other quilting skill—once you start to get fairly good at it, the quilt is just about finished.

IMG_3830[1]

Fear not. I have a couple other quilt tops coming down the pike that I think would benefit from a few feathers

5 comments:

  1. Practice practice practice. It will all come naturally soon. Glad your project is coming along on schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really, really looks good...love the contrast of the straight lines darker colors with the feathers in the light sections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those feathers look perfect and fit so well where you put them. I'm pea-green with envy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! Quilt faster! Quilt faster! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.