...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Super Easy Brown Sugar Brownies

         For many years, I was allergic to chocolate. Then mysteriously, the problem left as subtly as it began. Hooray! Because I found an easy and delicious recipe for brownies on the back of a C & H Dark Brown Sugar box. There are only six ingredients! I have changed things up a little, and have made notations below.




1 cup of packed C & H Dark Brown Sugar

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened

2 eggs

2 ounces (2 squares) unsweetened chocolate, melted

1 cup of all-purpose flour (The original recipe only called for 1/2 cup. It seemed too little to me.)

1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (I used chocolate chips instead.)




Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.

Grease an 8 X 8 X 2" baking dish. (I used  a Pyrex dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.)

Cream butter and sugar until well mixed.

Beat in eggs.

Melt the chocolate squares in a microwavable bowl then drizzle into the sugar/butter/egg mixture while you stir. (This avoids the problem of making the equivalent of chocolate scrambled eggs by dropping a lot of the hot melted chocolate onto the raw eggs.)

Stir in the flour, then the walnuts/chocolate chips.

Pour the batter into the pan, level, then bake for 25-35 minutes.

Cool, dust with powdered sugar if desired, then cut into bars.

The box states that this will make 2 dozen bars, but in my estimation, there were only about 1 dozen.

Absolutely rich, moist, and chewy!

3 comments:

  1. I can not imagine being allergic to chocolate. Those look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good,,, but off to make a veggie soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate healthy today, too. Homemade black-eye pea soup. Yum!

      Delete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.