...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Season of Secrets

 

Since Christmas is coming, I am setting a little time aside today to begin pulling fabrics from my stash for the makings of gifts. I have been anxiously awaiting this glorious box of fabric to arrive in the mail so I could get going. It was my only Black Friday indulgence and comes from Sauders Fabrics in Denver, Pennsylvania. I couldn’t resist their huge selection of fabrics that were on sale for $2.97 per yard. Of course, I threw in a few others.

IMG_4242[1]

I can’t tell you which fabrics I am using for gifts because the recipients occasionally visit my blog. I don’t want to spoil their surprise!

Last night the weatherman said that there is a chance of snow for California’s Central Valley. Well, today it is raining, but I am happy about that. My gardener put winter rye grass on my lawn and told me to water it every day. Oops! I forgot yesterday. Let it rain!

I will stay inside and sew.

5 comments:

  1. Love those letters and numbers fabrics. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am beginning to be a big fan of letters, calligraphy, etc. as of late. It lends more business to the composition--as if I needed by quilts to be any busier. Most people's minds are like that, though--jumbled with thoughts. I like to visually reflect that.

      Delete
    2. I think business adds interest more often than not. Btw, my yahoo mail won't let me send any emails today, go figure. We've had cold winds and rain on and off all day. It was miserable so we went antiquing. Didn't find a thing though. I was hoping to locate a 301A Singer sewing machine but none were to be had.

      Delete
  2. Great purchase....I love getting fabric through the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to visit that Wesite. $2.97. Very cool! Don't you just love getting a package in the mail? I know I do.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.