...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

End of the “Oolong Trail”

 

Since I am getting all sorts of worried notes about my absence on Facebook from my relatives, I guess it is about time this quilt is finished. They should know by now that my nose and fingers have been buried in fabric. I am very predictable.

IMG_3844[1]

The only thing left to do is put a label on the back. I am not bothering with a sleeve right now because the fair committee doesn’t have enough room to hang each entry so that the entire quilt can be viewed. Instead, they just sort of drape them over wooden stands. Everything always looks nice, though.

IMG_3845[1]

I have decided to call this one “Oolong Trail” since the Snail’s Trail blocks are constructed with Asian fabrics and it took me an oolong time to do all that feathery quilting.

IMG_3846[1]

My girlfriends and I are already making our plans about all the things we want to do at the fair. I think sampling food is very high on their list. Should be fun!

7 comments:

  1. It turned out great! I love it. The Tulare County Fair starts on Wednesday and I plan on sampling some of the Goodies there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's gorgeous. I love the name you chose for it, too. Hope your quilt wins first place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though it too y-ooolong time to make, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it,,, the butterfly fabric is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! When I bought the butterfly fabric, the clerk asked me if I was just going to put it on the back of a quilt. She didn't think much of it. I was crazy about it!

      Delete
    2. Love it! Your hard work will pay off. I haven't posted anywhere in a while either. I have reserved time on the longarm next Monday and Home Sweet Home needs to be done by then-just have the corners to do but they will take take some time. Greg has left on a 3 week motorcycle ride with high school friends and I subbed for a week and a half-yikes-I appreciate all he does as I am doing it now that he is gone and Lizzy is high maintenance. Nice to see the finish to that beautiful quilt.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I so would love to see this in person...it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.