...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pink and Green Are Quite the Thing

 

Yesterday I was quite surprised when no one asked where some pink might fit in among all those green and blue prints I was auditioning for my yoga bag. I guess you are all too polite.

As fate would have it, I inadvertently laid this bright pink dotted fabric next to the green kind words, and I think I heard a “pop”—or at least a bell. That was it. Just what was needed.

Inspired, I shuffled things around in my stash until I found something that was pink and green but was not dotted. Small feat since I have almost as many dots as Little Dot, the vintage comic book character that some of you may remember. Her closet was so full of dots that there was really no room for anything else.

IMG_4313[1]

I am excited about getting to use the wavy material. I thought it was a big online shopping mistake when it arrived in the mail one day, but maybe not. It will be fun to quilt along the lines.

6 comments:

  1. My my, the wavy fabric is gorgeous! I think your bag choices just hit pay dirt. Love the idea of quilting along those lines, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right-snap, crackle, pop-love that wavy fabric-yoga bag here you come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It pops for me to! I love those fabrics together. It's funny how the speak to us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thing the colors you had would make a 'cool' colored bag and thought maybe that's what you were going for. But the pink sure does bring a little extra bang to the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes pop bing ring...I love it too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these play so well together....they will make a great team! I really love the dots and the wavy.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.