...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Almost Around That Funky Corner

 

As of late, I have been hearing a few suggestions that I post a full view of this quilt—like I might be keeping something a secret. Well, I can assure you that there are no surprises here.

IMG_1190[1]

It’s just that the quilt is a very busy one, and the embroidery doesn’t show up too well unless I snap close-ups. There is a quilter and self-proclaimed critic in Orange County who is going to have a field day talking smack about this one for all its chaos. And, no, it is not anyone who reads my blog. At least I don’t think she does.

IMG_1189[1]

Here’s the most recent embroidery I have been doing. I am almost around the corner of Haight & Ashbury Streets. Can you see the letters on the top right corner of the quilt? Probably not. That’s why I am showing you a close-up.

IMG_1186[1]

7 comments:

  1. Let them talk - it's your quilt to make how you want and how you like. I myself think its rather groovy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it rather amusing that my quilting annoys this woman so much.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. THAT'S funny, Debbie! My kids at school call me a funky teacher--because I am always making them laugh.

      Delete
  3. Hmm, people are odd characters, and you never know what's really behind their flap. I bet your quilts are actually the envy of that Orange County gal. And it wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out she haunts your blog. O.O I think the green-eyed monster has her in it's clutches.
    Years ago, maybe thirty or so, I had bought myself a pair of western boots, and when a certain "friend" saw them she was very annoyed that I actually wore them, being a grown woman and all. I can't remember her exact words, but the next time I saw her after that little encounter she had a pair of western boots on her own two feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toni, that is hilarious! Western boots are for all ages. Ask cowboys and cowgirls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love it....I hope people clicked to enlarge the pics....It is fabulous...the critic is just jealous.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.