...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Monday, December 16, 2013

That Time of Year Again?

 

It can’t possibly be one year since I first posted the recipe for this addictive treat made with Fritos, peanut butter, and chocolate.

I can’t believe how fast that year went.

Today I received an email, which was a reminder to all of the Sewful Sisters: Our annual Christmas meeting takes place this week. And don’t you know, our fearless leader, Lois, had added a note at the bottom: “Maybe Kay can pull herself away from work and join the party.”

Yup, it has been several months since I have attended a get together with the Sewful Sisters. In the words of the late Gilda Radner, “It’s always something.”  Work, appointments, and colds that I did not want to share with friends. Then there are the quilt show committee meetings.

I have also been trying to squeeze in as many hours as possible on my own quilts for the Cotton Patch Quilters featured artist display. I can blame the Sewful Sisters for that. They were the ones who nominated me.

Of course, I can’t go empty-handed to the party. Not after the enthusiasm this recipe generated last year. This time, I added festive M & Ms to the top..

IMG_1202[1]

It’s chilling in the refrigerator as I write. That makes it easier to break apart. Sort of like soft peanut brittle.

IMG_1204[1]

The complete recipe can be found here:

http://quiltedtimeposts.blogspot.com/2012/12/fritos-peanut-butter-chocolate-recipe.html

3 comments:

  1. Made that several times last year-it was always a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that looks so good. Droolin' in Tennessee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just seeing what you are doing...and what I have missed so far. Not sure when I will be blogging again.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.