...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Friday, December 20, 2013

Winter Break in California

 

Today was the last day of school before winter break. The trees and flowers don’t seem to notice that it is December. Most of my fruit trees still have leaves. The apricot tree that is tucked safely between my house and the neighbor’s is still green. The guava’s big leaves are toasty brown.

The roses are not about to go to sleep.

IMG_1245[1]

 

IMG_1230[1]

 

IMG_1241[1]

 

IMG_1218[1]

I wish that I could show you what I have been working on as far as quilting goes, but Santa has sworn me to secrecy.

4 comments:

  1. My lands, your roses are gorgeous! We have only gray and brown everywhere now.
    Can't wait to see what you're working on. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for your post-thought you had taken your sewing into a cave, put your head down and were sewing like a mad woman with Christmas and the show heading down the tract at you:) the roses are beautifull. We have yellow roses down our back fence that are still prolific. Happy for the rain this last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colors are a welcome sight! The doldrums in WI, rain, fog, ice, gray skies, (but no loss of power) and dirty snow welcome gladly your brilliant CA roses :) Joyce {I saw your comment on Elaine's blog and thought I'd stop over}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working my way to the newest post....these roses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.