...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Quilted Yoga Mat Bag

 

Now that Christmas Day has come and gone, I can finally post a picture of the gift I made for my favorite yoga teacher. She reads my blog, so it’s a little difficult keeping any secrets from her.

Francine was thrilled with her gift. She especially liked the lining fabric that was printed with what she called “yoga words”: Kindness, love, and caring.

IMG_4303[1]

Due to time limits, I had to work quickly on this project and didn’t have time to take photos of the work as it progressed. In my mad dash, I just made up my own pattern--so heaven knows if I will be able to recreate this. I sure hope so. I want one for myself!

6 comments:

  1. Love the fabrics you used for the bag; they look great together. It looks so tidy and neat. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very talented lady you are. Creating your own pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice and perfect gift for your yoga teacher. I'm sure she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I was worried that Francine would not want to use this bag on a day to day basis because the fabrics are on the fancy side. I even offered to make another one for her out of more utilitarian fabrics.

    She assured me that she is happy with this one and will be using it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really nice-I hope you can recreate one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that fabric...and love the wavy quilting. I bet she was happy to receive it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.