...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

I Want a Yoga Bag!!!

 

After over a decade of practicing yoga, I am still without a yoga bag. Terrible. Not even a bag lady. I have been very content with my extra thick cushy mat. It has attached Velcro straps that wrap around the rolled mat and keep it secure when I am not using it. My friends even occasionally cast a jealous eye toward it. Not that yogis will ever admit to envy.

I now want a quilted bag for my mat. I can directly blame my yoga teacher for that. If I hadn’t made a bag for her, I would have been happy to remain bagless for the rest of my life.

These are some of the fabrics that I am considering. Most I got on sale in the $3 to $4 range between Black Friday and Christmas. I am still amazed at some of the fabric sales that go on during that time of year.

IMG_4306[1]

To the right is a green version of the pink fabric I put inside Francine’s yoga bag with the “yoga words” on it. I might put the words on the outside of my bag.

IMG_4309[1]

I am thinking I like this combo, but I have plenty of time to ponder my choices.

IMG_4311[1]

I still have a quilt show deadline looming over my head. Drat! I could be without a bag for months.

6 comments:

  1. Your bag will be beautiful. Maybe you could treat yourself for working so hard on the show and make it when you are done. When is the show?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am sure I will. The show is February 8 & 9, 2014.

      Delete
  2. Will be pretty when you get around to making it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, love the greens in those fabrics.What great deals you got.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting fabrics...I wouldn't mind adding some to my stash but am really trying to stop buying. I would have to live to be a hundred to use what I have now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That happens to me too when I make gifts for people...sometimes I just have to make 2!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.