...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Yogini, Rest in Peace

 

Sunday was a very sad day. Courtney Anne, the model for the yoga cat on my quilt, “Yogini and the Candy Dish” went to heaven. She had been struggling with heart problems and inflammatory bowel syndrome but was a small and mighty fighter. She awoke me as usual at 5am, demanding her breakfast. She ate most of a can of food and seemed fine until about 4p.m., then passed within a matter of minutes.

Courtney started her life as a barn kitten, but the minute I spotted her beautiful brown and white coat, splashed with orange, she was mine. She was about 8 months old when I snapped this photo of her.

IMG_0759[1]

My sincere thanks go to each of you who has generously posted pictures of “Yogini and the Candy Dish” on your blogs, websites, and yes, even Pinterest. This sweet and devoted soul will never be forgotten.

6 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved pet is so hard and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this. I know from experience how hard losing your pet can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your beloved cat. I did get a letter from you today in the post which was exciting...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kay,
    I am so, so sorry. It doesn't matter how many times it happens in our lives, losing a beloved pet NEVER gets easier. I will keep you in my heart the next few days. Blessings to you.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. I well know the pain of losing a wonderful pet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are the third friend that has lost one of the furbabies while I was away from blogging...I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.