...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Strawberry Patches Closing

One of Bakersfield's fine quilt shops is closing. I honestly never saw this day coming.




Strawberry Patches has been around long before I became a quilter. I took my first machine quilting class there in 2001. I immediately came down with a severe case of quilt fever, and the rest is history!

The owner, Suzanne Zingg, wants to retire and spend more time with her family. She is trying to clear the shelves this week so she can wrap things up very soon.

Suzanne and Strawberry Patches will be greatly missed.

2 comments:

  1. It's the good ones that close. So sad. Good for her though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't believe it. I thought that Strawberry Patches would be there forever!

      Delete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.