...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Monday, November 11, 2013

Lucky Junket to JoAnn’s

 

Wow! JoAnn’s is having a heck of a sale this weekend!

My latest quilt is eating variegated embroidery thread like there is no tomorrow, so I boogied on down to JoAnn’s yesterday with a 40% off coupon in hand. Now the coupon wasn’t exactly from JoAnn’s. It was from one of their competitors. I would have been happy to use the coupon at said store, but they do not carry this particular collection of variegated thread. They do carry less expensive collections, but I have concerns about the colors running if and when I ever have to bathe my quilt. DMC is the best!

Not to worry! JoAnn accepts coupons from other stores. See me jump up and down?

IMG_4175[1]

Just as I arrived, a clerk was filling up the remnant bins with these great cuts of fleece. Perfect for pet beds. I grabbed four pieces, the fourth being the zany tie-dyed orange fleece that is underneath the others. These were 50% off of the price marked on the tag, making them about $3.50 for around 2/3 of a yard.

IMG_4178[1]

Of course, I had to grab a few fat quarters. Occasionally JoAnn’s carries some intensely bright Indian batiks that are of a decent quality. I had to have these. $1.50 each.

IMG_4176[1]

Now, you want to see something funny? The “Total Savings” on my receipt is a higher amount than the amount due. And this was without me pulling out my guild card or my teacher discount card. I thought that would be carrying it a bit too far.

IMG_4172[1]

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you sure got some great deals with your coupon. If you had pulled out your teacher and guild cards you might have ended up and a reality show and been really famous for getting that bundle for nothing. ;) Cool. Back when I did counted cross-stitch I used DMC and still have a ton of it. I love JoAnn's Indian batiks, too. All the batiks in my trip around the world quilt came from there.
    If you had pulled out your teacher and guild cards you might have ended up and a reality show and been really famous for getting that bundle for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might get kicked out of the store for good!

      Delete
  2. I just ordered from JoAnn's online. I was getting low on best press so I ordered a gallon, and a seam ripper, cut freezer paper and long glasshead pins-all at 50% off with no shipping costs. They have some great buys sometimes. You got a nice collection of thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a good deal! Glad they had what you needed and some extras.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! Do you get their email? They send a lot of coupons through email....I even had Roger sign up till we can get more for our money!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic,,, I always forget to pull out the competitor... thanks for the reminder! Like the idea of the animal beds with fleece,, wonder if it is ok for cats. Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.