...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Glorious Garden

This morning I went out into my garden with the intent of sweeping up some magnolia leaves. Just a quick look around sent me skipping back into the house for my camera.

Bees were buzzing around the first squash blossoms of the season.

 
I don't know how these peppers got so big--so fast. They are are about eight inches long and the variety is called Big Bertha. Go figure.
 
 
Sugar Lady peaches. They will be ready in a couple weeks.

 
Green tomatoes.

 
Red Early Girl tomatoes. I have some turkey bacon in the refrigerator, so you know what I will be having for dinner.


 

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe you have tomatoes already. I noticed our plants had a few green ones. Can't wait. Enjoy your dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew 10 tomato plants from seed this year and gave 5 away so I am watching the last 5 grow like crazy but I was excited to see blooms and you already have tomatos-wow! I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, color me pea-green with envy over those ripe tomatoes. They look really good. Tomatoes are my favorite garden item, and there's nothing better than a homegrown BLT in the summertime. I only bought 2 tomato plants this year, but I intend to root others from those two as soon as there are plenty of branches to spare. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only dream of tomatoes being that big this time of year here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose, the first tomatoes are always small, but they were delicious. The varieties that grow well here in the Central Valley without cracking are small to medium in size.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.