...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Monday, June 2, 2014

School's Out For Summer!!!

 
See me smile?
 


Actually, that is a sun medallion on the side of my garage. I wish I had about ten more. That's how happy I feel.

After lots of research and just plain yacking with a lot of nerds, I ditched my old laptop and got a Microsoft Surface. So far, so good, but I will reserve my judgment until later. The biggest issue for me was finding a tablet that would accept photos from an external camera.

I also found a cool cell phone feature. My landline and home internet service were getting more and more unreliable. Lots of squealing and static on the phone. The internet router stopped lighting up on Friday, which meant that I did not have a broadband connection. Ugh! I DID pay my bill!

Then there has always been the issue that I only had internet access on my laptop while I was at home. What if I wanted to travel?

Well, I called around, and Metro PCS had a solution for me. With a very reasonable phone, and monthly plan--not to mention that they PAID ME $49 to port my landline number to them--they charge me a mere additional $5 per month, and my phone becomes a hotspot. That means that my tablet can snag the WiFi signal from my phone and be truly mobile. Woo-hoo!!!

I just love good deals. And freedom.

Anyway, with school being out as of today, I am hoping to squeeze some quilting into my summer. And gardening. First I have to deal with a tooth that has been giving me fits. After almost a month of antibiotics and visits to two dentists for diagnostics, it looks like I am having my first root canal with a third dentist. Good thing that I haven't really been in pain. Just really tired.

Am looking forward to feeling better.

4 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back on-line and I look forward to seeing your garden and quilts that you will be working on this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the root canal helps. Dental issues are never fun. Quilt lots, to keep your mind off it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it is so wonderful to see a post from you! I have missed your inspiration and friendship. And I was in Long Beach/LA for the month of April....wondered how close I was to you.

    I don't even want to think dental...I hope you feel better and the root canal is successful.

    I have something I am going to have to get taken care of one of these days and am wondering how hard it is going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wondering when you'd be back - so glad all the issues are worked out and that you got a good deal on service.
    I don't know what I'd do without my cellphone....but everytime I use it I can't help but wonder who's listening in...and yeah, they do. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.