...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Monday, June 30, 2014

Give Me Some Color!

With all of that black and extreme quilting detail going on in "Little Lanterns of Tokyo", I had to take a break and get my color fix with "Vivid Imagination". Some of you might recognize this one as my cranky quilt that wasn't cooperating with the quilting process a while back. With a few adjustments, we are off and running again.


Many, many years ago, one of my college professors had advised me that it was advisable for detail artists to have a fun project they could use as a release. He told me about a scientific illustrator who threw bright paints at a large canvas at the end of each work day. Apparently, he also yelled and bellowed as he let loose.


So even if we are being creative...

 
 we might need to switch up every now and then.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Yelling, bellowing and throwing paint? That sounds really therapeutic. I might just have to try that some time! Thanks for the heads up!

    Oh, and I do like the color quilt too - fun, fun, fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely a colorful quilt. You do brights well. Glad you have something to play with for therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vivid Imagination is just beautiful. I really like the waves of color.
    And I think it's really brilliant when a hissie fit can be characterized as therapy. I'm going to use that one the next time my hormones show out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness....I would love to sit down with this quilt in person and just look at all the lovely fabrics! I so love it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flecks of black and white swimming in those pools or marvelous color!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.