...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A Sewful Good-bye to Janice


Tuesday evening, the Sewful Sisters threw a party for our dear friend Janice, who is retiring and moving clear across the country. Corey made her famous chicken adobo and a rice noodle dish. Everyone else contributed a salad, a side dish, or dessert. I have never known a group of cooks like these. They can throw a feast together at the drop of a hat.

Besides bringing her delicious chicken, Corey brought a huge quilt to share. She is sitting on the right. Notice that we also have a new junior quilter. Lily was so well-behaved all evening. Her mama, Angela, is new to our group.

 
Corey used wool batting in this quilt. It made it lightweight, soft, and not so prone to holding creases when folded.

 
The quilting design was an overall rose motif and was exquisitely done.

 
Here is a picture of Janice, our guest of honor. This is a snapshot I took of her a while back with an exchange quilt she had received.
 
 
We are really going to miss this gal.
 

3 comments:

  1. Already partying! Good for you. Hard to see friends move so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always sad to have friends move away...

    The quilt is beautiful and love the one from the exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! My home page has changed and I don't see my favorite posts as well as I used to so I missed the last few. Glad you are on summer break-used to love that first day of freedom:) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.