...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Monday, June 9, 2014

Busy Beauties

In spite of the 100 degrees plus temperatures yesterday and today, I am finding lots of energy somewhere to jump into reworking this project. In fact, I am having a difficult time stepping away from my sewing machine.

I guess I am making up for ten years of procrastination. (See the previous post for the history on this long-standing UFO.)

This is how far I got as of yesterday evening. Sorry that many of the blocks are overlapping. My design board isn't big enough. I am going to have to change those messy blocks around in the very center since there is not enough variety and contrast there. Some of the block components are just pinned in place, but at least all the points are now sharp. That's a miracle.

 
I still have lots of pieced arcs left to choose from. I am auditioning fabrics for the setting pieces. There are many fabrics that were used again and again and again when these blocks were originally made. Need to change things up!

 
I am thinking I need to add some new prints and colors to make it sparkle a bit. As it stands, everything is either yellow or the same grayed value of green, orange, brown or burgundy. All of the bright oranges are ones I just added yesterday. It was a tough leap for me, but probably a good decision. I want to stick with the autumn colors, but with some highlights of lighter values.

 
 
We'll see........

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could get to my sewing machine...seems like I keep finding things to do...plus having a hard time making a couple of decisions about fabric choice.

    Don't you just love batiks? This is really going to be wonderful when you get it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lighter oranges really make it pop. This is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the lighter colors really do give it a glow.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.