...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday the Thirteenth and a Full Moon


          Enjoy this rare event. There will not be another simultaneous Friday the 13th and a Full Moon until 2049.



 

 
Yesterday was a very busy day for me with appointments and errands. When I finally arrived home in mid-afternoon, I decided that I had had enough of all the junk in my kitchen and utility room cabinets. I moved my garbage dumpster to just outside my back door and began filling it up with old stuff that I had no reason to be keeping. Now my floor to ceiling utility cabinets are empty save two narrow shelves of canning jars. They will be used very soon to contain the multitude of peaches that are burdening two of my trees.
 
I bet you can't guess what's going in those utility room cabinets. Tee hee.....
 
Since I was on a roll, I loaded up two large green waste containers with rose clippings and set those in the alley for early Friday morning pick-up. That means they will be empty for Tony the gardener to refill come Tuesday. He is not going to like me standing over him, but I am going to make sure that the only thing that gets clipped in the backyard is the grass--not the tomato plants that are leaning out of their raised beds, heavy with fruit. As I keep telling him, I eat the tomatoes, not the grass.
 
There was no time to work on "Clueless Beauties" yesterday, but I did make some progress the day before. It's a good thing that I stopped long enough to take a picture because I am noticing that I have too many rows off to the right, but need another one along the top. I am still working on adding some lighter colors.



Happy Friday the 13th, and a nice Full Moon to you!
 

3 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel good to get rid of things no longer used or needed! We had a peach tree for years-nothing better than a fresh peach-other than a fresh tomato. My plants have lots of flowers but I don't see tomatoes developing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give up; what are you going to fill the cabinets with? ROFL I'm sure there'll be a bountiful batik collection.
    Your peaches and tomatoes sure sound good. I can't seem to have any peach trees as ours have all died on me. Pears are my thing, evidently. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.