...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Autumn Classroom Makeover


Some of you asked to see pictures of my newly decorated classroom. Of course, it is always in a state of flux, depending on the seasons.

This is the view as you enter the room.

IMG_3799[1]

This is a closer view of my desk area. The autumn fabric on the wall will only be staying up for about two more weeks. I always make a huge homework game board on one wall of my classroom each year. In return for completed weekly homework slips, my students advance on the board and win prizes. I change the theme every year. One year, it was monkeys swinging from tree to tree. Last year, it was a freeway theme. I let my new assistant choose the theme this year since she is also very artistically inclined. She decided upon a Candy Land game board so is busy cutting out lollipops, cupcakes, ice cream cones, and gingerbread men. She is awesome!

IMG_3794[1]

More views…

IMG_3806[1]

IMG_3789[1]

IMG_3795[1]

And finally, the sign on the door. I had to take the picture at an extreme angle since the sun was shining so brightly.

IMG_3805[1]

I actually liked this version better. You can see the desks inside the classroom, the grassy courtyard just outside the door, the word “Club” on the sign, and of course, me taking the photo.

IMG_3800[1]

For more information and tips on materials, click here:  http://quiltedtimeposts.blogspot.com/2013/08/decorating-for-school.html

7 comments:

  1. All neat and organized. I bet you are an excellent teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some kids are so lucky...to come to a school room such as this. It is so nice...and you are so creative to think of the game board tied to them finishing their homework.

    My kids had really great elementary school teachers, too. I still look back with lots of fond memories of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing your room...I'll have to take shots of mine to post. You have excellent built in cupboards, and I love the kidney shaped table. Tell me more about the homework game. I'm looking for a good idea to encourage reluctant homework players.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those kids are going to be so blessed coming into your room. It is beautiful! Love the homework race-that may have worked for my Sophomores:) I am subbing today through Tuesday-start of school at high school can be exciting with 5,000 class changes. We'll see! Have a great end of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your classroom looks great, and I, also, bet you're a fabulous teacher. The kids in your class will have an edge that even money can't buy. The homework game is a wonderful idea.
    I've had company from Washington State all week so I've been cooking too much and eating too much and generally out of the loop. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your classroom look cozy and a great space to learn in... Enjoy this year, and remember to relax at home!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.