...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Friday, October 25, 2013

Featured Artist—Me?

 

Well, it’s in print, so it must be official now. I am going to be the Featured Artist at the Cotton Patch Quilters of Kern County biennial quilt show on February 8 & 9, 2014.

IMG_4097[1]

This is a closer look at the announcement:

IMG_4095[1]

I have known about this for quite some time but deferred to the show committee to make the first announcement. What a surprise! There are so many talented quilters in our guild of approximately 300 members, and many of them have been around since our guild was established in 1980. Surely many of them would come before me.  

Janice Jackson, our show chairman, totally took me off guard when she approached me at a Sewful Sisters friendship group meeting last December and asked me to accept the honor. Of course, I said, “Yes!” The next question was whether I would bring Yogini, meaning my quilt, “Yogini and the Candy Dish”. Like she’s a person. Yup, I could see where that was going…But, of course, I would bring Yogini. And maybe some donuts, too.

I hope you can come and visit with us for a bit, too. The Cotton Patch Quilters always throw a wonderful show.

8 comments:

  1. Well, I for one plan to be there. Congratulations, Kay!! What a feather in your cap! Can't wait to see your "booth"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, that is cool. I'm sure there are talented quilters in your guild, but I'm sure your originality and style set you apart. Big congratulations! Wish I could attend. Hopefully, you will share lots of pictures here though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cpngratulations!!!! I sure wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please remind us before the show so I can arrange to see your booth! Congratulations again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Kay! What a well deserved honor. Your work is lovely and varied-the viewers will have a real treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats,,, exciting!!! Will be a great show with your art

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kay - Congratulations. I have this on my calendar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so blessed! I look forward to seeing you and our childhood friends for a great time.

      Delete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.