...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Jars O' Colors!

          Today I had the most wonderful time learning how to dye fabric. I took a road trip up to the foothills south of Yosemite for a delightful class with Vivian Helena. We all came home with twelve jars of fabric--each containing a different color. After pouring the dye into the jars, I pushed in two fat quarters of fabric--one white and one cream. I didn't poke the crumpled fabric all the way under the liquid in the jars because I am hoping for a mottled look when the dye process is finished.


          Tomorrow, I will take the fabric out of the jars and see what I've got. I can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. This is the most exciting thing to do - I LOVE IT!!!! I've done it a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Love this experiment. I can't wait to see the result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog! I am excited about these colors as well. Stay tuned for the results.

      Delete
  3. Lovely! Looks like a fun time, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Kay,we must have been on the same wave length... Just finished posting on my site also... We had such fun, looking forward to seeing how yours turn out.. You might have some white spaces, which may look like clouds on the blue... And want to hear how the two fabrics compare..
    Enjoyed meeting you... hope to get together again... Are you going to PIQF?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we had lots of fun. It might take me a couple days to get my fat quarters pressed and posed for photos. (Somebody I know played all weekend and didn't get her household chores done.) All I can say is that they are all beauties.

      Interestingly enough, the blue dyed more evenly than the others. No clouds. The yellow and purple are my favorites.

      No, I won't be going to PIQF. I was going to enter something and I got so busy with other things that the deadline just shot by. First time that has ever happened to me. Oh well, I must have been happy doing what I was doing.

      Delete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.