...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Bug in the Clouds

 

This background applique has been waiting a very long time for me to finish some other projects that were smoking on the front burner. I can’t tell you how glad I am to get back to this whimsical piece.

IMG_3906[1]

Many months ago, I had actually gotten to a sticky place on a tight needle turn applique curve and was more than happy to put the whole thing aside.

With “Oolong Trail” recently finished, I pulled this puppy out of the closet and carted it off to work with me this week. It only took about 20 minutes of my lunch hour to work that obnoxious “bug” out of the clouds. Funny how it seemed like such an insurmountable obstacle just a few months before.

IMG_3904[1]

Now I am jazzed and ready to continue adding layers to the clouds. The bottom half is not going to have near as much detail as the top so should go a little more quickly.

 

This older post shows a picture of the borders, which are already completed:

http://quiltedtimeposts.blogspot.com/2012/07/dont-blink.html

This post shows earlier pictures of the sky applique:

http://quiltedtimeposts.blogspot.com/2012/08/whimsical-sky.html

2 comments:

  1. Looks like your whimsical cloud quilt could hang out with my cow quilt-at least all our borders are done. Love your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those clouds...can't wait to see the star of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.