...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Monday, September 2, 2013

A Cage of Beauty

 

Sorry I have not been posting much as of late. The last several weeks, I have felt as though I am in a beautiful prison of my own design.

IMG_3807[1]

The Kern County Fair is coming quickly, and I made the bold decision to enter something that wasn’t quite finished. Guaranteed to light the fire beneath me. The good news is that I can see light at the end of the tunnel, and I still have until September 13th to drop it off at the fairgrounds. Hopefully, I won’t look too frazzled!

I will be soooo glad to get out of this cage.

5 comments:

  1. How exciting. Hope you win first place. I can't wait to see your entry - assuming you'll share it here. I've never entered anything I've made in the county fair. I think I must be really lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you enter and if you win.

    Such a cute kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the Fair... been smokey here, but the wind changed again and today it is clear, but hot! I agree Rain would feel so very good and the trees would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the fair entry-as you may not have noticed because of your cage-I haven't been posting either for the same reason. Not a fair entry (although I put Galaxies in the SD Quilt Show)but a bunch of commitments that are all coming due at once. See you at the end of the tunnel:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people do great with deadlines. Good luck with your fair entry. Let us know how you do.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.