...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Friday, November 15, 2013

My First Random 5

 

Every week, Nancy hosts Random 5 Friday on her blog, A Rural Journal. The goal is to post five random thoughts about whatever has been important—or not so important—during the past week and share them with other bloggers. Sort of a mind clearing or virtual sounding board. The bloggers come from all disciplines. Most are incredibly creative, intelligent, inspirational, and humorous.

Take a look if you get a chance.

http://aruraljournal.blogspot.com/

Here is my first post:

1. Winter is coming. I know that because Zee, my big furry Maine Coon now wants to snuggle all 18 pounds of her body into a plush pink bed. Two months ago, that would have made her too hot and uncomfortable.

IMG_4193[1]

Zee does not wait for me to find the missing cushion that goes inside, nor does she wait for me to put the bed in a proper place. She doesn’t seem to mind that her bed is hanging halfway off the settee!

IMG_4186[1]

2. Sometimes I feel like I am hanging halfway off a settee. The uncertainty of the imbalance can be exhilarating. Other times, it doesn’t feel so good.

IMG_4184[1]

3. As this year draws to a close, I am very grateful for friends and family who have shared my path and offered their kindness and encouraging words. It has been a year of a thousand tears and a year of a thousand belly laughs.

IMG_4192[1]

4. I am still trying to figure out why some people are so nosey.

IMG_4179[1]

5. Humor and optimism are powerful. I laughed so hard this week that I cried. It felt really good.

IMG_4194[1]

6 comments:

  1. what i like best about your cat there - are those little bits of hair on the tops of the ears ... so cute! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly why some people are nosy...they have no life of their own so they need to share somebody else's life. I say get up and do something. We have neighbors like that so I planted a row of holly trees then a row of Leland Cypress trees to fill in an open spots. :p It's been really cold here the past few days - I could use a catbed like Zee's. It looks like half of a plush pumpkin, warm and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the laughing till it cries..Lorelei does that for us on a fairly regular basis. Also, I had a boss--I have came home almost sick from laughing so much due to him. He would get to telling his daughter-in-law and me stories of his childhood...and have us in tears. And once my stomach actually hurt I had laughed so much and so hard.

    Zee is so pretty...does he help you with your quilting? My Bubbie loves whatever quilt I am working on at any given time. I have a quilt out for him, but guess it doesn't have my scent on it strong enough so he ignors it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww what a cute little kitty face! I have three cats and they have been snuggling close at night. One burrows right under the covers like a burrito cat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Zee. She reminds me so much of our Grayfeather who was a male MC. Where are your other kitties? Love the idea of random thoughts. However, as someone with ADHD-most of my thoughts are random! Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh -- my two indoor cats have the same cushions only in green -- that sit on a bench at the end of our bed -- sometimes they slip off into oblivion (the cushions, not the cats -- under the bed!) Too funny -- your lovely cat is gorgeous!

    Thanks so much for joining in this week my friend. Loved your insights.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.