...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Rose Box

 

For years I have been collecting rose prints. Not really sure what I was going to be doing with them, but I must have been going somewhere.

Of course, every valued collection needs a proper place of its own. My rose collection lives in a small trunk I bought at Big Lots—a great store, by the way, to buy home decorating items cheap.

Here is the trunk with most of the fabric removed.

IMG_3864[1]

This is an indication of how much fabric was stuffed in that one box.

IMG_3870[1]

Another view…

IMG_3857[1]

What am I doing with this? Toying with the idea of expanding a bit on a fancy little mug rug I made toward the beginning of this year. Not much bigger. Still experimenting. I need a break after all those snails and feathers!

IMG_1716[1]

For instructions, click here:

http://quiltedtimeposts.blogspot.com/2013/02/outlining-roses-in-free-motion.html

and here:

http://quiltedtimeposts.blogspot.com/2013/02/rosy-mug-rug.html

4 comments:

  1. I love,love,love those Fabrics! And you can make a lot of Mug Rugs with all of that Fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Collecting certain fabrics is called a guilty pleasure. I'm sure whatever you create, it will be spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the trunk, and those gorgeous rose prints deserve their own special place. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I see fabrics to die for!!! Oh, so pretty....

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.