...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Friday, July 5, 2013

Back to Quilting Flowers

 

There must be twenty markers around my house with disappearing ink, but just like socks, they all seem to wear out at the same time. I fully intended to get some more quilting accomplished on my “Peace, Love, & Haight Ashbury” quilt, but those markers just weren’t cooperating.

Back to “Rainy Garden Windows” I went.

IMG_3205[1]

These flowers take very little marking. I just put the end of a big spool of thread in the middle of the square and traced around it. Fortunately, my chalk marker worked on these. Then I roughly sketched in the crosshatch marks in the center of the flower. They do not need to be perfectly measured or straight. From there I had enough to guide me.

IMG_3209[1]

Although it can be done, I do not sketch the petals of the flowers. I just make sure the tips of the petals reach the arcs that have already been stitched with the walking foot on the sashing and cornerstones. It is a lot easier than it looks, however, it is very time consuming.

IMG_3214[1]

Here is the link to the post that describes how I quilted the arcs on the sashing blocks:

http://quiltedtimeposts.blogspot.com/2013/06/marking-and-quilting-simple-sash-design.html

2 comments:

  1. I'm really struck by the colors in Rainy Garden Windows when you post pictures of it.
    Love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.