...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Speaking of Feathers

 

Since my last two posts were bird-themed, I guess it is appropriate for me to be quilting feathers as well.

IMG_3452[1]

This is a design I haven’t been attracted to in the past, but for this particular quilt, the feathers just fit right in to the curving paths of my snail’s trail blocks.

IMG_3454[1]

These are taking a lot of patience and practice. The blocks are only 7 X 7”.

IMG_3450[1]

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love the feathers in the blocks. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Are those free hand? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is looking great! I keep wanting to try feathers, but every time it is for someone specific and am afraid of really messing up. One of these days, I am going to have something that I won't mind...then I will attempt them. have a feeling I will need a lot of practice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those feathers are a perfect fit for the snails, and I like that you shadow stitched them. Can't wait to see the whole quilt stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like you did all that by hand... beautiful! Yes, perfect fit for the quilt.. excited to see the whole thing! Still writing, but have to slip a few things in now that we are really home, and "enjoying" the heat... at least it is cool at night! Stay cool! I have tomatoes this year that are pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.