...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Zippy Zig-Zag Piecing

          I have been looking for a lively, and preferably easy, piecing method that I could use as part of my monkey quilt.


          It's taken a number of years to collect enough funky little fabrics to make this thing jump. Now I am cutting, cutting, cutting. I always forget what a chore that can be. I am having to iron as I go because I pre-washed all of these incredibly bright fabrics. That means lots of wrinkles.

          This is just the beginning of the cutting.


          This is a mock-up of the zig-zag pattern. Look! The seams don't have to be matched.


          I found this piecing method on Exuberant Color. Wanda got it from one of her readers. The link to Wanda's example is:

http://exuberantcolor.blogspot.com/2012/09/another-method-of-zig-zag.html





 

 


6 comments:

  1. I love the colors... and the monkeys... this will be a really happy quilt!

    The dye will wash off of the cement or walkway,,, that is another reason I like working with these dyes...
    Just does not wash off of bare hands well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yeah, there is one of our classmates who is probably still working on getting that black dye off of her hands. :-)

      Delete
  2. That is going to be one wild quilt - I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is going to be wild and adorable.
    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those monkeys and the colors! But most of all, love that you don't have to match seams!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.