...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer With the Pinheads

 

Summers are always a treat for me because I get to spend time with my dear friends, The Pinheads.

Lois hosted us at her lovely home today. Lots of Pinheads came to quilt, pray, and share good food: Dottie, Celia, Linda, Donna, and Wynona. Even Lynne showed up! I hadn’t seen her in forever and a day. We sure were excited to get together again.

Lynne brought the quilt she made for her granddaughter’s high school graduation.

IMG_3242[1]

It is a delightful mix of brights, blacks, and whites. Her granddaughter’s favorite color is orange.

IMG_3244[1]

Celia brought a UFO that she hopes to finish soon. Celia’s work is always meticulous and perfect. In this composition, she has used both needle turn and fusible applique, machine quilting, and exquisite hand quilting.

IMG_3251[1]

Linda shared the six beautiful gold paisley placemats that she made. She used gold metallic thread to quilt these lovely creations. She also made two chicken hot pads, but I did not get a picture of those.

IMG_3246[1]

After viewing all that great quilting, it was time to get down to some serious eating.

IMG_3253[1]

Lois treated us to two pizzas: Sausage and Hawaiian. Yum!

IMG_3252[1]

I brought a spinach, feta cheese, cranberry, and almond salad—served with Raspberry Vinaigrette salad dressing.

IMG_3236[1]

Donna brought her famous Banana Split Pie with its heavenly layers of graham crackers, pudding, bananas, crushed pineapple, whipped cream, and some kind of magic.

IMG_3254[1]

Quilters are not only great cooks. They are excellent friends.

5 comments:

  1. I love the moonlit moose quilt with it's fabulous mirror image. The food pictures are making me hungry, especially the salad. I love all those tasty ingredients you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day. How did the "pinheads" start? Wonderful projects and I think I'd drive 50 miles for that pie:) PS-loved the picture of the kitty yesterday-just was too tired to comment:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always fun spending time with friends, especially quilting friends. All great projects and yes I agree with Elaine, that Banana Split pie looks so yummy my stomach is growling.
    I'm off to see Anna K this weekend for a little mini retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the name Pinheads...don't want to forget to tell you that brought a smile to my face. And love that first quilt especially. Lucky granddaughter! I like everything else, too...and I am not even going to mention that pie to my hubby...he would love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.