...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Off To Tehachapi

 

This morning two of my childhood friends and I journeyed to Tehachapi, California. We were on our way to visit with another childhood classmate, Dixie, who has recently relocated there after living and working in many places throughout the United States. She has also traveled internationally for her career. We just remember her as the cute little kid who used to make us laugh when we were anxious about something at school.

I feel so blessed and amazed to have friendships that have lasted almost 50 years.

In looking at the picture of us, which was taken by our waitress at the Apple Shed today, I am struck by how similar we all look. From left to right is Robin, myself, Dixie, and Vicky.

 IMG_3327[1]

We had an extremely full day. Dixie shuttled us all around Tehachapi to various attractions. There is way too much to record at the end of this very long day, so I will post more pictures and stories over the next several days. We went to some really beautiful, incredible, and unusual places.

3 comments:

  1. What a nice reunion. It is amazing to have friendships that have lasted so long. And you do all look similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even remember the names of some of my childhood friends. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is zoo neat to still see people you went to school with. My husband, like you, has several friends he still sees from middle school. I was busses to school so I didn't do any outside activities so didn't seem to make the close friends until later in life. Looks like you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.