...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Quilting Windows


Summer is finally here, and I am officially on holiday until the middle of August. It is time to pull out those quilt tops I finished during the winter months and get them quilted.
Yesterday, I finished up the little bit of ditch-stitching that remained on “Rainy Garden Windows” and got a start on the decorative quilting. So far, so good.

IMG_3165[1]

IMG_3166[1]

Zee is happy I am home for the summer. She’s already back into my purse. Fish and chips, anyone?

IMG_3164[1]

I received all kinds of good questions about the quilting design on this quilt. I have written a tutorial here: http://quiltedtimeposts.blogspot.com/2013/06/marking-and-quilting-simple-sash-design.html

6 comments:

  1. The quilting on Rainy Garden Windows looks really good. I like the circles and squares together on the same piece.
    Have a great quilty day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do love the colors of this quilt. Is that free motion or do you do that with the walking foot? The stitching looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, I like the colors, too. When I look at them, I always want to eat pink candy.

      I am just using on the walking foot on the stitching that is pictured. The quilt is only 36 X 36", so very manageable as far as size goes. I will do some free motion quilting inside the resulting circles when I get there.

      Delete
  3. I love the colors in that quilt too. Happy sewing this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of machine do you use for quilting, Kay? Do you mark your lines first and if so, what with? Love that quilt, Kay! I loved that feeling of being free for the summer. Zee is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please see the next post. I think I have answered your questions.

      Delete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.