...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Yowza! Yowza! What a Mess!

 

Well, my studio has gotten so cluttered and messy that I can’t even sew there. These boxes do have their proper place. I guess I have been too busy working and sewing to put them back. Isn’t that why we have summers?

IMG_0892[1]

This is the closet where I recently found the backing fabric for “Peace, Love, and Haight Ashbury”. Suzanne wanted to know what else was in that closet. Well, there you have it, Miss Suzanne. Mostly batting, various and sundry fabrics, and large paper patterns that I have drawn out for future quilts. I really need to take the batting out to my storage room in the garage. It is very thick and is for cushions and upholstery. It takes up a lot of room.

IMG_0897[1]

I am sorting fabrics out into new plastic containers.

IMG_0891[1]

I am making a little progress in this area. I bought two sets of these cubbies from Hearth and Home a couple years ago and love them. They have gotten very disorganized as of late, however.

IMG_0898[1]

At least someone is seeing some humor in all this work ahead of me.

IMG_0895[1]

5 comments:

  1. "If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” Albert Einstein. I guess this can apply to a cluttered sewing room. My mind is definitely not empty nor is my sewing room. And as creative as you are, this look is appropriate at times.

    I use the quote a lot at work because my desk is usually covered with papers. It freaked the CFO this past week because I kind of cleaned it up before he got there and he was worried about me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I'd call that pretty organized myself. I've got a few closets that are curling my hair! It's bad when all the kids leave home, and the closets get in worse shape than they were before they left. o.O I need to have a yard sale, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very comforting and familiar views here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so very happy that I have such good company. You will have a very productive day and then tomorrow you can jump back in with both feet. Last time i cleaned my studio I found fabric I forgot i had and it stimulated that creative spark all over again. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.