...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Quilting Flowers in Free Motion

 

I have completed all of the quilting on the sashing rectangles and cornerstones of “Rainy Garden Windows”. This morning, I exchanged the walking foot on my machine for the darning foot. It was time to do some free motion quilting!

I chose a simple floral design to fill in the circles created by the stitched arcs on the sashing pieces. Here is the first one.

IMG_0684[1]

Look who I found sleeping in my studio this morning.

IMG_0672[1]

That’s what I get for leaving the lid off of a box of fabric. At least she is Friendly.

5 comments:

  1. I love that flower! And I'm pea-green with envy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flower - fills in the space beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty amazing for free motion quilting. My pussy cat jumps in my knitting basket and have a lovely little sleep in there sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to be really nice. Pretty straight stitching in the middle of the flower for a darning foot-good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving everything you did with this...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.