...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Quilters, Cupcakes, and Therapy


This evening was the first time in ages that I was able to make it to my friendship group meeting with the Sewful Sisters. No one brought quilts tonight, and many almost didn’t come because their hearts and minds were heavy with worries.

I was glad I spent a good part of today preparing these treats: Almond Joy brownies baked in cupcake tins. Lois also made a tropical cake with peaches and pineapple mixed into the batter.

IMG_0854[1]

Thank God for dear friends! By the time our meeting ended, our little group of "demure" quilters was all tuckered out from laughing so hard. We left no ridiculous topic unexamined and felt free to comment boldly without repercussion. Our spirits were definitely lifted by the lively camaraderie.

What a wonderful blessing!

P.S The recipe for the Almond Joy brownies will follow tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I love it when quilter ladies get together. Always such great conversations and when you need to talk about something that's been bothering you, they always listen so well. Those almond joy things look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you meet with a great group of quilters.
    Those brownies look wonderful. Even though I just had me breakfast, I could eat one right now. o.O

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we move next May, my quilting group is the group I will miss the most. I went last night after a 3 week hiatus because of not feeling well. Glad you had a great time! Also glad you are going to give us the recipe for the almond joy cakes. Those are a work of art!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.