...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Border Blocks Finished and Pinned

 

Finally, the border blocks are finished and pinned to the design board. Sorry the picture is a little wonky. The border blocks are extending past the top and bottom of the board, and the the board is trying to fold in the middle. Any who, you can sort of get the picture. I will also be sewing a small border of the neutral butterfly print around the outside as well, then a green binding made of the same fabric as the snail block in the lower left hand corner.

Good thing summer is here and I have some time to work on this. So far, it has been a lot of fun.

IMG_0614[1]

5 comments:

  1. Have you given thought on how you're going to quilt it? Sometimes that is the best part. I also like the idea of the outside lighter border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those snails are going to be very happy with their border. It look great.
    Yay for summer, I think... I'm so busy I can hardly keep up, but I'm giving it a go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this post. I was in Julian. It turned out lovely. The geometrics of the border contrast nicely with the snail swirls.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.