...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Monday, August 19, 2013

Stippling in a Storm

 

This evening there is a storm warning for Central California. The thunderstorms are supposed to occur a little north of here, but we are still getting lots of wind. As I am trying to stipple my snail’s trail quilt, the electricity keeps going off and on. My internet connection keeps breaking as well. The television is fading in and out with all sorts of static. I don’t even want to talk about how crazy my pets are being.

IMG_3782[1]

I should just let this task go for the night, but I have a deadline looming ahead of me. What was I thinking?

IMG_3787[1]

I just heard some thunder!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, I hope the weather didn't get bad where you live last night.
    I really love that quilt. The different quilting patterns sure add a lot of interest to it. It's really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, we just got some wind. There were some mudslides on a steep canyon road about 15 miles north of here, though, and it is closed indefinitely. Several wildfires are burning north of that.

      Delete
  2. Most of Tulare and Kings County were out of electricity last night --it was weird not to be 'connected'. (And not able to sew.) Glad you got some work done. It's looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been searching for my snails...I tidied up and in the process have lost them. I did find your instructions though so might just have to start again. Your quilting is so steady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that stippling you are doing...hope there was no damage from the storms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay-that is just beautiful. You must have to go really slow to get that precise stippling. Lovely lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.