...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Yoga First

 

After a hectic, but ultimately fantastic, week at work, I thought I had better head to the yoga studio before putting in oodles of time quilting this weekend. Besides, my favorite yoga teacher, Francine, has completed her 500 hour Yoga Teacher Training Course. That means she will be home to stay instead of traveling to Ventura every other weekend for classes. I have missed being able to drop by her yoga class on Saturday mornings.

As a result of that and all of my sedentary quilting, my body is complaining. The muscles over my rib cage are stiff and crampy. My fingers are callused and sore.

Nevertheless, I am grateful and happy to be working toward the deadline of my guild’s upcoming show.

IMG_4152[1]

I am also ecstatic that my elementary school was just nominated for a California Distinguished School Award, based very heavily on an innovative remedial program I run with just one other teacher at my site. I was hired to help open that program ten years ago. There have been a series of three co-teachers in the other position—all good, fortunately. Now we have to go through the written application process and see whether we actually get the award. I think the chances are pretty good. I am blessed to work at a fantastic school.

Wow! What a week!

I just needed some yoga to level my emotions and relax my muscles so I can carry on with my wonderful journey.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the nomination for the award. I have to say, though, I'm not in the least surprised since you're the mainstay of the program. I hope you do get the award.
    We blew leaves today for three hours. I could use a yoga class, too, lol.
    Happy quilting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on being nominated for the award! Hope you win it, but just being nominated is an honor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award - it's been a great year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The great thing about being nominated is that each such school can potentially be awarded with the distinction of being a California Distinguished School. We are not competing against each other, but being judged against a matrix of rigorous standards. After we complete the application paperwork, a team of observers will come from the State Superintendent of Schools and tours our campus. Sounds like they will be watching me teach. Oh, my...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.