...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Relaxing in Free Motion

 

The past week has been a busy and stressful one. My remedy is to trace flowers in free motion.

IMG_3936[1]

This large scale rose fabric has a layer of bamboo batting beneath it, then a layer of Décor Bond to stabilize everything.

IMG_3987[1]

The sandwich is about 12 X 14” total. When I finish the free motion quilting, I will cut it into smaller rectangles and squares then incorporate them into a rose themed art quilt. I still have other colors of roses to be thread painted and added to the mix.

IMG_3938[1]

5 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing...great to have something we can loose ourselves in when thy stress levels soar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely-just the sound of the sewing machine is relaxing to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to be so pretty...and I love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stitching and the "thread painted" phrase. That print is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.