...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Outlining Roses in Free Motion


Many years ago, a fabric store clerk looked at me funny when I bought this fabric with very large scale roses on it:
IMG_1703[1]
Each rose is 6 to 8 inches across. When she asked me what I was going to do with it, I simply said. “Art quilts.” I didn’t have anything specifically in mind, but I wasn’t going to let that stop me.
This afternoon, I cut off a 12 X 12” square. I also cut squares that were a little larger of bamboo batting and Pellon Décor Bond, which is a heavy duty stabilizer.
IMG_1695[1]
Then I layered them, with the batting in the middle. The Décor Bond is fusible, so I pressed it lightly to adhere it to the batting.
IMG_1697[1]
Then I proceeded to free motion quilt the petals of the roses.
IMG_1701[1]
Almost finished.
IMG_1704[1]
Stay tuned, and I will show you what I am going to do with this.

Clink here for the conclusion: http://quiltedtimeposts.blogspot.com/2013/02/rosy-mug-rug.html

3 comments:

  1. Those roses are stunning! I can't wait to see what you do with the quilted piece.
    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabrics - can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.