...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Decorating For School


Well, it’s about time to be heading on back to the classroom. I am moving all the way across campus to a room in the kindergarten wing that is new to me and is desperate need of a decorating makeover. My students are 3rd through 6th graders, and I don’t think they will appreciate the clouds, jumping frogs, and cute bugs that have been left behind by the previous teacher.

Between next Thursday and bright and early the following Monday morning, I am going to have to do an extreme makeover. Gads!!!

I have done it before. I will just have to do it again. Off I went to Joann’s with my 15% teacher discount card!

These silk flowers were already on the deep discount wall. They are for my desk.

IMG_3692[1]

Then I stopped by the discount table at the back of the store and was blown over. Wow! Great autumn fabrics. I will use these to cover my bulletin boards. What a treasure trove!

IMG_3694[1]
Finally, some bags of silk leaves. These are great to sprinkle around the tackable walls.

IMG_3701[1]

Better get lots of vitamins and sleep between now and next week!


For the results, click here:  http://quiltedtimeposts.blogspot.com/2013/08/autumn-classroom-makeover.html

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love fall fabrics, and the ones you found are tempting me to drive to the city and indulge myself, lol. Maybe next week, I don't want to spread my sore throat germs around.

    The school down the road from us took up classes this week. Where did summer go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe summer's almost over for you. Time flies when you're having fun and keeping busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something exciting about getting ready for the new school year. I always loved starting school. Take pictures when you are done. It is going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Summer vacation is ending. Looks like you've got a good theme going with your decorating. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabrics and the sunflowers...and so glad there are people that love to teach. I am not talented that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with it all. We are just hitting our mid week of term 3 and I'm a bit over it all. It's cold, wet, and gloomy, and meetings are getting the better of me.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.