...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Friday, February 8, 2013

Singapore Skyline


This is a little peek from a design board that I keep propped up in my quilting studio. It is nothing I am moving quickly on—just a design that I add to as I problem solve. Most of the units are still in strips and not sewn together. I have yet to start the buildings in the foreground.
This composition has given me a new respect for abstract and innovative quilt artists whose works often look so fast, simple, and spontaneous. Believe me, those pieces don’t just make themselves.

IMG_1718[1]

2 comments:

  1. I love the composition so far-my eye is drawn immediately to the yellow building. Will enjoy seeing the city grow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just taking this snapshot has given me some ideas for improvement. I think my skyscrapers might be a little too skinny as well as the dark dividing strips between them. I want to include the fabric with the big Asian medallions but am wondering if it might be more effective just to cut some of them out and applique them onto the final composition. I have already had to fabric paint them because they were originally just plain white and didn't blend well with everything else. I have lots of decisions to make on this one!

      Delete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.