...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Every Little Bit


The last several weeks have seen me toting my lattice cube blocks back and forth to work each day. I eat my lunch very quickly, then hand piece for 25 minutes or so. Generally I only get one or two inset seams accomplished during that short amount of time, but in the long run, those precious moments add up. I hadn’t been paying particular attention to how many blocks I had made, but I was fairly certain that I was getting close to finishing the required nine blocks.

This afternoon I got them altogether and laid them out in one place.

IMG_1796[1]

I was amazed. Only about 1 1/2 blocks to go! Kind of reminds me of a favorite quote:

It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste.Henry Ford

5 comments:

  1. Love your choice of colors, fantastic design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been persistent. I love that quote - makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to see that quilt again. It is like a watercolor painting. Like the quote as well! Have a grand weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love those marbled fabrics. People often ask me how I get so much done, but yes, I just do it...I'm not big into wastin time... It's too precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful quilt - and what a perfect quote. I may have to steal it from you to use somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.