...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Cat Potatoes

Two of my professional pets, AKA companion animals, have gained a bit of weight over the winter months. They are essentially house pets that can go out to the garden when I am around to supervise them.

 

Panda doesn’t look too chunky here.

 

IMG_2117[1]

 

This is another view. The curly tail is beginning to be reminiscent of another animal that you might recognize.

 

IMG_2124[1]

 

The overhead shot tells it all. During spring break, I really encouraged her to go for a walk in the garden every day. Three minutes later she would be back inside, sitting on the couch and WATCHING TELEVISION!  Since I finally got a TV a couple years ago, Panda has definitely turned into a couch potato. She doesn’t care what she watches. Anything is fine. Cooking shows are great.

 

IMG_2137[1]

 

Zee agreed to go outside, but you can see how far she got. Big lump.

 

IMG_2143[1]

5 comments:

  1. Well, I don't watch television, but I've sat a bit more all winter than I should have. I gained 5 pounds so I can sympathize with your cats. O.o

    Question - are those morels on your mushroom quilt (which is remarkable, by the way)? We found some on our property last year for the first time since we moved her 20 years ago. I'm going to be watching that spot closely the next month or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't own a TV for about 15 years. Then I found out that I had to take 4 college courses for a special certification I needed at work. The alternative was to study on my own and try to test out. My work even loaned me three big sets of DVDs that I could watch to help me study. Only problem: I needed a TV. Reluctantly, I bought the TV. I did pass each test on the first try. They were grueling. Fortunately, that episode of my life is over, but I still have the TV. No cable, though. I was horrified when the CAT started watching it!


      Yes, those are morels. We hear so much about global warming, but for two years in a row, we were drenched with rain and floods in California. My friend went up in the mountains and harvested tons of morels and sold them to the local restaurants for good money.

      Delete
    2. Sounds like CAT is part human, lol.
      Whoa, that must have been a grand morel harvest. I'll be thrilled with enough for a few meals.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE cats! They are just so like us! My cats love to come out in the garden with me, and often plant themselves into the landscape looking most delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must be part cat. The same thing happens to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.