...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Holiday Version: Salty Sweet Peanut Butter Caramel Fritos

          This evening finds me making a double batch of the previously posted recipe for Salty Sweet Peanut Butter Caramel Fritos. My Sewful Sisters Cookie Exchange tomorrow. I dressed the recipe up a bit this time with some multicolor sprinkles. Yum!

 
And as in quilting, sometimes when you run out of a certain fabric and have to substitute, wonderful things happen. I didn't have enough white sugar tonight, and made up the difference with brown sugar. The caramel was so much more flavorful and soft.
 
 I have added that option to the original recipe.

 
After a couple hours in the refrigerator, these will easily break into chunks.
 

2 comments:

  1. I tried your original recipe and it was wonderfully crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made a double batch for Backcountry quilters tonight-added salted peanuts to the top along with choc chips. I'll let you know what they say:)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.